- Down syndrome or trisomy 21
- Trisomy 18 and 13
- Sex chromosome abnormalities such as Turner and Klinefelter syndrome
- NIPT can also test for the sex of the baby
The test involves a telephone consultation, a blood collection at your local pathology collection centre and a phone call with result usually within 5 days of delivery of the blood to the lab. The cost of this test is $450 and is available to women across most parts of Australia.
At Insight Genomica, we can provide you with the following NIPT products:
- Harmony NIPT by Roche though Australian Clinical Labs or
- Percept NIPT by the Victorian Clinical Genetics Service
For more information about NIPT or to order your test, please call 1800 GENOME.