Matt has a Bachelor of Science and Masters of Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Melbourne and a Graduate Diploma in Genetic Counselling from the University of Newcastle. Matt is also currently completing further studies in genetics and genomics through Stanford University, San Francisco, USA.
Matt was a Rotary Exchange student to France after sitting his HSC. While completing genetics and psychology studies in his undergraduate degree, Matt also undertook a Diploma of Modern Languages in French. As a proud Australian Francophile, Matt enjoys good French bread, cheese, wine and champagne. Matt lives with his partner in inner city Melbourne and enjoys cooking, dining out, movies and freestyle step aerobic classes.
With over 12 years experience as a genetic counsellor in the Australian public health sector and three years lecturing genetic counselling at Charles Stuart University, Matt is excited to have created a bespoke private genetics clinic.
- A Fellow of the Human Genetics Society of Australasia (HGSA)
- A Member of the Australasian Society of Genetic Counselors (ASGC)
- A Member of the National Society of Genetic Counselor (NSGC)
- A Member of The Transnational Alliance for Genetic Counselling (TAGC)
- A founding Member of the Professional Society of Genetic Counselor in Asia (PSGCA)
- A Life Member of the Asia Pacific Society of Human Genetics (APSHG)
Matt also regularly supervises Masters of Genetic Counselling students and Associate Genetic Counsellors