Embarking on a pregnancy can be both exciting and overwhelming.
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and the Human Genetics Society of Australasia recommend pregnant women be provided with information and offered the opportunity to have a discussion about the range of chromosome abnormalities that can be detected and the characteristics of the available prenatal screening and diagnostic tests.
At Insight Genomica, we offer a Preconception Program aimed at women or couples either planning a pregnancy or within the first 12 weeks of a pregnancy.
Our program includes:
- Initial appointment either in our rooms or via skype / facetime plus all follow up appointments relating to this initial appointment
- Analysis of both you and your partner’s medical histories and family trees
- Detailed description of preconception genetic testing options available at initial appointment followed by a thorough explanation of results at the subsequent consultation
- Advice regarding pregnancy supplements and vitamins
- Information on how to minimise the occurrence of spina bifida and other neural tube abnormalities
This program is $320 plus the costs of genetic testing recommended during the consultation process.
Prenatal screening and diagnosis of chromosomal and genetic abnormalities in the fetus in pregnancy (http://www.hgsa.org.au/documents/item/6110)